Long Island Attorneys Fight for Victims of Catastrophic Injuries
Uniondale and Brooklyn firm deals with cases of extreme harm across the 5 boroughs
A catastrophic injury is generally defined as one so severe that it incapacitates or disables the victim for an extended period of time, or even permanently, and requires long-term care. Such a disaster can take a terrible toll on you and your family financially. A dramatic inability to earn a living, to be mobile and to maintain a desirable quality of life may also lead to emotional and psychological trauma. At The Licatesi Law Group, LLP, we have seen first-hand the devastating impact these heightened injuries can have. With over 40 years of experience helping victims of catastrophic injury across New York City, including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island, alongside Nassau and Suffolk counties, we are committed to providing the highest caliber legal representation, with the goal of giving you and your family the best opportunity to move forward.
Well-versed in all types and degrees of catastrophic injuries
- Brain injuries — Traumatic brain injuries can be so severe that you are unable to function. They may also result in coma or death.
- Spinal cord injuries — Harm to the center of the nervous system can cause long-term debilitation and partial or total paralysis.
- Severe burns — Skin damage from severe burns can require multiple surgeries and specialized care and can result in permanent scarring.
- Lost limbs — An amputation of an arm, leg, hand, foot or digit can make it extremely difficult or even impossible to function as you did prior to your accident.
- Internal organ damage — Injuries can lead to dysfunction and possible loss of organs.
- Loss of sight or hearing — The inability to see or hear after an accident often requires training, rehabilitation and assistance to complete daily tasks.
- Death — Fatal accidents not only cut a life short but often create financial and emotional hardship for the victim’s surviving family members.
Clients count on us to win them optimal compensation for lost current and future lost wages and for the costs of long-term medical treatment, physical therapy, attendant care, additional medical equipment (such as special beds) and alterations to multiple parts of the home to accommodate disabilities.
Our New York & Long Island personal injury attorneys have more than 40 years’ experience in catastrophic injury cases. Every case is different and requires extensive review of medical records and other evidence. Our attorneys have the knowledge and skill to conduct a thorough evaluation of your injuries and build a strong case that includes expert testimony regarding your medical care, your ability to work and function and the costs involved in managing your treatment and your daily living.
Contact our experienced Long Island catastrophic injury attorneys for a free consultation
For dependable support in your time of need, rely on Licatesi Law Group, LLP, a compassionate personal injury law firm located in Brooklyn and Uniondale, Long Island. Our reach extends to the vibrant expanse of greater New York City, encompassing the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island, in addition to Nassau and Suffolk counties. To learn how The Licatesi Law Group, LLP is a strong advocate for victims of the most serious injuries, take advantage of a free consultation and case evaluation with our dedicated attorneys. Call us at or contact our Uniondale or Brooklyn office online.