Long Island Lawyers Help You with Your Real Estate Issues
Our law firm handles commercial and residential property matters across Long Island and the 5 boroughs
Licatesi Law Group, LLP, with offices in Uniondale and Brooklyn, has been representing clients across the 5 boroughs, including New York City and Long Island with real estate matters for more than 40 years. Whether you need representation in a straightforward home purchase or sale or assistance for a complicated commercial transaction, our lawyers will ensure your interests and property investments are protected.
Knowledgeable attorneys handle residential real estate transactions in New York
In the New York metro area and on Long Island, it’s important to have a real estate attorney who is familiar with the intricacies of co-ops, condos, and old brownstones. We seek to close your deal quickly and avoid complications, but when problems arise, we draw on our skills in real estate litigation. Whether providing due diligence on a condo or negotiating a price reduction after an inspection uncovers problems, our lawyers represent clients across the spectrum of residential transactions, including:
- Single family residences, cooperative apartments, condominiums, townhouses, brownstones, multiple-family dwellings and apartments
- Residential real estate leases
- Mortgages and loans
Your home is one of the most significant investments you’ll ever make, and our attorneys’ knowledge of New York real estate law will help ensure that no detail is overlooked. We will be with you throughout the transaction, which includes these steps:
- Drafting or reviewing the contract to include any negotiated terms, such as making the sale price contingent on the results of an inspection
- Finalizing the contract by reviewing any changes requested by the other parties and ensuring your terms are properly included
- Ordering a title search to ensure that no liens are in place and no other issues need to be resolved before the property can be transferred
- Complying with mortgage lender requirements to ensure financing is in place
- Calculating closing costs, including money owed to the title company, lenders and the sellers
- Representing you at the closing by reviewing payment totals and documents, such as the deed, transfer tax returns and mortgage documents
Our lawyers have represented clients at closings and in litigation when disputes arise. Whether you are buying or selling residential property, a knowledgeable legal representative at your side will help protect your interests.
Experienced professionals navigate the complexities of commercial real estate in New York
Buying or selling commercial property in New York can be intimidating, but our skilled real estate attorneys have the ability to negotiate when necessary and proceed through closing once the parties have come to an agreement. We are also experienced litigators who can help resolve real estate conflicts at any stage of the transaction.
We offer a full range of real estate litigation services to commercial clients. We represent owners, developers, property managers and investors in all manner of disputes, including those that arise from:
- Brokerage commissions
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Construction contracts
- Property management
When you are considering a commercial property transaction of any kind, you want an attorney who has experience successfully representing clients in similar real estate matters in the competitive New York marketplace. Our attorneys recognize red flags so we can avoid problems before they happen and are fierce advocates for our commercial clients, ready to negotiate the best deal possible.
Contact our experienced real estate attorneys for a free consultation
Licatesi Law Group, LLP is committed to protecting our clients’ rights and interests in residential and commercial transactions. Call 516-227-2662 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Brooklyn or Uniondale office. We help clients with real estate matters across Long Island and the 5 boroughs of New York.