Long Island Burn Injury Lawyers
Firm assists victims of fires in Nassau and Suffolk counties, Brooklyn and Queens
If you have suffered a burn injury due to someone else’s carelessness or intentional act, you might be entitled to compensation to help you deal with the physical, emotional and financial effects of what happened. Licatesi Law Group, LLP, with offices in Uniondale and Brooklyn, represents victims of burn injuries across Nassau and Suffolk counties, as well as New York City’s five boroughs. We are accomplished, aggressive New York attorneys who assist people who have been burned in fires, vehicle crashes, electrical accidents, hazardous chemical releases and other types of incidents.
Types of burn injuries
Burns that require medical treatment are considered serious injuries. While some burns can be relieved through topical treatments, others require skin graft surgery and other complex medical procedures. Even after treatment is completed, a victim could have to deal with years of pain and the emotional toll associated with permanent scars. Our attorneys are dedicated to obtaining maximum payment in cases arising from all types of burns, such as:
- Thermal — Fires, boiling water, metal at a high temperature and other sources of thermal burns are capable of destroying skin and cell tissue.
- Chemical — You can suffer a severe chemical burn by being exposed to acid, certain industrial cleaners and hazardous solvents.
- Electrical — Failure to ground wires properly and other examples of carelessness sometimes leads to contact with electrical current that harms skin and internal organs.
Once you have been burned due to someone else’s negligence, you should contact our attorneys. We will get to work immediately to gather the evidence necessary to hold the liable parties accountable.
Litigating a burn injury claim
Claims involving burn injuries arise in several areas of personal injury law, such as:
- Premises liability — Many owners of businesses and residential properties do not take the measures necessary to protect against fires. If you’ve been burned while on someone else’s premises, we will investigate if a fire hazard was ignored and if best practices were used in regard to smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and sprinklers.
- Auto accidents — Vehicle crashes can cause dangerous blazes before a driver or passenger has the chance to get away. Trucks carrying hazardous substances also pose a risk of chemical burns if an accident occurs.
- Product liability — Electrical household and industrial products that don’t work properly might spark a fire that threatens the lives of the people living in the home. Numerous other products, from pajamas to building materials, have also been found to create an unacceptable fire danger.
Whatever type of legal claim best suits your case, you need an experienced personal injury attorney by your side. Our firm has collected more than $100 million in verdicts and settlements for victims from Long Island and New York City.
Compensation for people harmed by blazes and chemical exposure
A burn injury often requires urgent medical attention, as well as long-term treatments, which can be excruciating and expensive. If you are disfigured or lose function in a body part following a severe burn, you live with the consequences for the rest of your life. After reviewing the facts in your case and consulting with experts to assess the full extent of your injuries, we pursue all of the compensation you are entitled to under New York law. This can include payment for your healthcare costs, lost wages, long-term care, pain and suffering, emotional distress, permanent disfigurement and the enjoyment you’ve lost in your life as result of your burns.
Contact an accomplished New York burn injury lawyer for a free consultation
Licatesi Law Group, LLP fights on behalf of New Yorkers who have suffered burn injuries due to someone else’s negligence. We serve clients throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, as well as New York’s five boroughs, from locations in Uniondale and Brooklyn. To set up a free initial consultation, please call us at 516-227-2662 or contact us online.