- posted: Sep. 28, 2023
- Car,Truck,Bus & Motorcycle Accidents
New York is a busy city with a dense population and intense traffic, which unfortunately results in several car accidents every day. As a law company that represents those hurt in rear-end incidents, we have witnessed firsthand the life-altering consequences that these injuries may have. To keep safe and avoid harm, it's essential to be knowledgeable about the most typical sorts of motor vehicle accidents if you're a cyclist, pedestrian, or motorist in New York.
- Rear-end collision: Rear-end collisions are the most frequent type of automobile accident in New York and the United States. These crashes happen when an automobile impacts the one in front of it, typically as a consequence of tailgating, uncontrolled braking, or negligent driving. The severity of the injuries in these kinds of incidents may vary depending on the vehicles' size and speed. Among the most common injuries include whiplash, back and spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), soft-tissue injuries, and fractured bones or broken bones particularly in the arms, legs, and wrists. Rear-end crashes can result in psychological damage in addition to its physical damage, including anxiety, sadness, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These ailments can have long-term consequences for a person's mental health and quality of life.
- T-bone accidents: T-bone crashes, additionally referred to as side-impact collisions occur when one vehicle's front collides with the side of another. These collisions frequently occur at intersections as a result of a car running a red light or failure to yield to oncoming traffic. T-bone collisions may be extremely hazardous, resulting in fractured bones, spinal cord damage, and even fatalities.
- Pedestrian accidents: In the densely populated metropolis of New York, people are often involved in accidents with automobiles. As pedestrians are unprotected and exposed when struck by a car, these incidents may result in serious injuries or even death. Over 100 pedestrians are killed every year in New York due to automobile accidents.
- Hit and run accidents: Accidents known as "hit and runs" occur when a driver leaves the scene without exchanging information or providing aid. Drivers usually flee the scene of an accident if they are impaired, have outstanding warrants, no insurance or fear of repercussions of the accident. Victims of hit-and-run incidents may be unable to seek compensation for their losses or injuries.
- Bicycle accidents: Due to the increase in cyclists on the city's streets, bicycle accidents are becoming more common in New York. Nearly 20 cyclists are killed in car-related accidents in New York each year. These accidents can occur when a car ignores other drivers on the road or when a cyclist breaks the law.
At the Licatesi Law Group we are determined to fight for the compensation that you deserve. Our attorneys are skilled in defending clients injured in motor vehicle accidents. A $650,000 verdict was recently won for a 55-year-old lady who suffered diseconomy after being rear-ended at a red light by the Licatesi Law Group under the direction of Joseph Armao. The defendant claimed the plaintiff had pre-existing issues as a result of prior spinal surgery and that the accident had a little impact. Prior to trial, the last offer was $12,500.
It is crucial to get medical assistance right away and to speak with a qualified personal injury lawyer if you have been involved in any of these incidents in New York. They can assist you in understanding your legal rights and alternatives and make sure you get the settlement you are due for your losses. To avoid these frequent forms of motor vehicle accidents, always drive cautiously, ride your bike or walk, and be aware of your surroundings.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an a motor vehicle accident contact us today at (516) 227-2662.