On behalf of Licatesi Law Group, LLP posted in motor vehicle accidents on Tuesday, October 24, 2017.

The actions taken soon after a car crash can be critical. If someone is in need a medical attention or other help, getting that assistance as soon as possible could make a considerable difference in outcomes. However, many people choose to leave the scenes of motor vehicle accidents, and sometimes victims are left behind to suffer.

It was recently reported that the driver involved in a single-car crash in New York did not remain at the scene. Apparently, the driver was a 23-year-old man, and a 25-year-old woman was a passenger in the vehicle. It was unclear what may have caused the crash, but the vehicle burst into flames after the incident. The driver of the car hailed a cab and left the scene while his passenger was still inside the burning vehicle.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames, and it was at that time they found the burned body of the female passenger. She was declared dead at the accident site. The driver of the car was later located at an area hospital where he was being treated for burn injuries. He is currently facing criminal charges in relation to the fatal incident.

Fatal motor vehicle accidents of any type can cause much devastation, but when a driver leaves a victim to suffer, the victim’s family may feel even more distraught. The surviving loved ones of the woman killed in this New York crash may find themselves hoping to obtain restitution for the monetary damages resulting from this event, and in order to do so, they may wish to consider filing a wrongful death claim against the driver considered at fault. Information on this legal option may prove useful to them.

Source: 6abc.com, “Man hails cab while date burns to death in New York car fire“, Oct. 16, 2017

Related Posts: Injuries stem from car accident after vehicle hits restaurantCar accident leaves off-duty New York cop with serious injuriesNew York crash leaves multiple people with injuriesCar accident involving drunk driver proves fatal in New York