- posted: Mar. 31, 2023
- Personal Injury
If you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. To ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve, it’s vital to find a good attorney. When looking for a good personal injury lawyer, it’s important to:
- Ask for referrals: You can ask friends and family if they know any personal injury attorneys that they would recommend. Referrals can be a great way to find a lawyer with a successful track record.
- Research online: Online resources can be a valuable asset when researching local attorneys. Check out websites, read reviews as well as testimonials from previous clients to get a feel for the firm.
- Look for experience: If you were involved in a personal injury accident, you’re going to want a lawyer that has experience with personal injury lawsuits. In addition, you want a personal injury lawyer that has prior experience with your specific situation. That way the attorney understands the legal issues involved and likely has prior experience winning those type of cases.
- Schedule a consultation: After you’ve found some potential lawyers, schedule a consultation to discuss your case. From there, you can ask questions about the lawyer’s experience, fees, and approach to handling your case.
- Ask about contingency fees: Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means they only get paid if they win your case. It’s a good option for those who cannot pay upfront.
Finding the right personal injury attorney can make a difference. Take the time to find the right legal representation for you. If you or a loved one were involved in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, construction accident, and more, The Licatesi Law Group may be the law firm for you! Our attorneys have the experience and expertise needed to win your personal injury case. For a free consultation, give us a call at (516) 227-2662 and ask to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.