On behalf of Licatesi Law Group, LLP posted in motor vehicle accidents on Thursday, April 12, 2018.

Learning of a loved one’s sudden death can come as quite a shock. In some cases, people may want to seek justice if another person was responsible for the incident that resulted in the fatality. It is not uncommon for surviving family members to file a wrongful death claim after a fatal car accident in hopes of carrying out this desire.

One family may be considering this type of action after a recent crash in New York. Reports indicated that a 47-year-old man was driving a vehicle when he tried to pass a semi-truck. However, during the attempt, the man crashed into a vehicle that was heading in the opposite direction. The driver of the second vehicle was reported as being 48 years old, and he was killed in the incident. He was declared dead at the accident site.

The driver of the other vehicle was considered intoxicated at the time of the crash. As a result, he is now facing multiple criminal charges, including vehicular manslaughter, driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation. At least two of those allegations were considered felonies.

Devastation has undoubtedly hit the victim’s family hard, and they may have no idea how they will carry on without their loved one. If they feel that seeking compensation for their loss and other damages resulting from the car accident could suit their circumstances, they may wish to gain information on wrongful death claims. Filing a civil lawsuit in New York against the driver considered at fault could help them pursue justice, restitution and possibly gain a small sense of closure.

Source: oleantimesherald.com, “Olean man charged with vehicular manslaughter, DWI after fatal Route 417 crash“, Tom Dinki, April 5, 2018

Related Posts: Injuries stem from car accident after vehicle hits restaurantCar accident leaves off-duty New York cop with serious injuriesNew York crash leaves multiple people with injuriesFatal car accidents: Drugs suspected in New York crash