Car Accident Attorneys in Queens and Brooklyn
Serving clients throughout New York City including in Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester Counties
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles reports that more than 300,000 auto accidents occur in our state every year. Even careful drivers can find themselves with serious injuries and damaged vehicles. With a focus on protecting the rights of the injured, the highly qualified attorneys of Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. provide skilled representation to individuals hurt in car accidents caused by the negligence of someone else.
What to do after a car accident
Being in a car accident is unsettling. Even a fender bender is disturbing, both at the moment of impact and beyond—with the inevitable round of insurance claims, estimates, and repairs that result.
When involved in an accident, be sure to do the following:
- Stay calm. Always remain at the scene of an accident. If injured, remain in your vehicle and wait for help. If unhurt, help others. Call 911 for assistance. Unless injured parties are in imminent danger, do not move them. Wait for medical responders.
- Get medical help. Accept the assistance of medical responders when you are injured. Afterwards, follow the advice of your physician, and keep follow-up appointments. Retain all documentation of your injury.
- Clear the area. Use available flares, hazard lights, or emergency triangles to alert oncoming traffic to the accident. Move people off the roadway, and move cars out of the flow of traffic, if it is possible to do so.
- Survey the scene. If able, use a cell phone or camera to take photographs of the auto accident. Document vehicle damage, road conditions, and skid marks. If you choose to pursue a legal or insurance action, a knowledgeable car accident attorney from Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. can use this evidence to support your claim.
- Get contact information. Obtain contact information from drivers and witnesses, but admit no liability. Do not discuss the accident. Remember to ask the police for an accident report.
- Contact your insurance company. It's essential to contact your insurance agent as soon as possible after the accident. Do not accept a settlement for your auto accident claim or sign a settlement agreement for an injury without first consulting a qualified car accident lawyer.
As advocates for those wrongfully hurt, our lawyers aggressively pursue your claim to protect your future. We can help you today.
Contact an experienced Brooklyn car accident lawyer today
With over 30 years of experience with personal injury matters, the auto accidents lawyers of Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. serve injured clients and their families in Long Island, Westchester and Rockland Counties, and throughout New York City. Contact us online or call 516.204.7715, to set up a free initial consultation.