Determined representation to maximize your injury compensation
The New York State Department of Motor Vehicles reports that more than 300,000 auto accidents occur in our state every year. Even careful drivers can find themselves with serious injuries and damaged vehicles. Since 1981, Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. has protected the rights of injured parties by providing skilled and ethical representation. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident in Brooklyn or anywhere else in the greater New York City area, our talented and determined trial lawyers can help you secure the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury attorneys focus on auto accidents, so you can trust us to fight for the results you need.
Experience with a wide variety of vehicle accidents
One of the most important criteria for selecting the attorney to manage your case is experience. Our attorneys have handled virtually every traffic accident scenario, including head-on collisions, vehicles run off the road, rear-end collisions, and side-swipe accidents. We've assisted clients who have suffered severe wounds, broken bones, punctured internal organs; back, neck and head injuries; and even wrongful death. We have also dealt with a variety of causes that include distracted driving, DUI/DWI, texting while driving, reckless driving, and speeding. We understand how to build a successful case, how to negotiate a fair settlement, and how to take a case to trial and fight in court to win.
What to do after a car accident
Being in a car accident, even a minor fender bender, is unsettling. When you're hurt, it's even more disturbing. But the moments immediately after you accident are critical for your safety and for your legal claim. This is why you must:
- Stay calm and call for help. Always remain at the scene of an accident. If injured, remain in your vehicle and wait for help. If unhurt, help others. Call 911 for assistance. Unless injured parties are in imminent danger, do not move them. Wait for medical responders.
- Get medical care. Accept the assistance of medical responders when you are injured. Afterwards, follow the advice of your physician, and keep follow-up appointments. Retain all documentation of your injury.
- Clear the area. Use available flares, hazard lights or emergency triangles to alert oncoming traffic to the accident. Move people off the roadway, and move cars out of the flow of traffic, if it is possible to do so.
- Survey the scene. If able, use a cell phone or camera to take photographs of the auto accident. Document vehicle damage, road conditions and skid marks. This is important evidence your attorney can use to support your claim.
- Get contact information. Obtain contact information from drivers and witnesses, but admit no liability. Do not discuss the accident. Remember to ask the police for an accident report. If you suspect the driver who hit you has been drinking, do not engage, but tell the police on the scene of your suspicions.
- Contact your insurance company. It's essential to contact your insurance agent as soon as possible after the accident.
- Consult an experienced auto accident attorney. Do not sign a settlement agreement without first consulting a qualified personal injury lawyer.
As advocates for those wrongfully hurt, our lawyers aggressively pursue your claim to protect your future. We can help you today.
Contact an experienced Long Island car accident lawyer today
For more than 30 years, the auto accident lawyers of Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. have served injured clients and their families throughout New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties, and on Long Island. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 516-227-2662 or contact our Brooklyn office online.