Determined trial lawyers hold negligent healthcare providers accountable
When you see a healthcare provider, you expect to get better, not worse. Unfortunately, many New Yorkers receive substandard medical care, which aggravates their existing problems and piles further injuries upon them. At Rubin & Licatesi, P.C., we stand up for injured patients and fight for their right to full compensation for losses caused by medical malpractice. We take on HMOs, PPOs, hospitals and individual providers, including primary care physicians, surgeons, anesthetists, radiologists, chiropractors, dentists, oral surgeons and nurses, and we fight to deliver the best possible results.
Fighting medical malpractice in New York City and Long Island
Medical malpractice cases require intensive investigation to prove negligence that resulted in substandard care and that the substandard care inflicted harm on the patient or caused wrongful death. Our attorneys handle a wide variety of malpractice claims, including:
- Medication errors - Those who prescribe and dispense medication can make mistakes as to the type, dosage and frequency of the medication that are detrimental, if not deadly, to the patient. Failure to warn of side-effects or drug interactions can also cause serious health consequences.
- Anesthesia errors - Too much anesthesia can cause a patient to suffer brain damage from hypoxia; too little anesthesia can allow a patient to awaken during surgery.
- Surgical errors - There are numerous mistakes a surgical team can make: operating on the wrong side or wrong site, performing the wrong procedure, operating on the wrong patient, leaving foreign objects in the surgical site, incision errors and failing to prevent post-operative infection.
- Childbirth injuries - Labor and delivery are hard on mother and child, but negligent care can cause a variety of disabling injuries to the baby while putting the mother's life at risk.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis - Failing to identify a disease puts the patient at risk that the condition will deteriorate. This is especially dangerous for patients with heart disease, cancer and certain infectious diseases, such as meningitis. Doctors who fail to recognize symptoms, order tests, interpret test results or initiate treatment, are liable for the harm that results from the delay.
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice, your trust has no doubt been shaken. Through hard work and sincere conviction, our attorneys seek to earn your trust. When you retain our services, you get a solid legal team, comprised of talented and aggressive trial lawyers, determined to bring your case to a successful conclusion.
Consult our Brooklyn attorneys if you've been hurt by medical malpractice
For more than 30 years, Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. has been protecting the rights of injured New Yorkers. Let us evaluate your medical malpractice case for free in Brooklyn, New York City, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County and throughout New York State. Call us today at 516-227-2662 or contact our Brooklyn office online.