Skilled trial lawyers pursue compensation for personal injuries
New York City is currently enjoying a building boom, which has created jobs and is driving economic activity. In 2014, investors spent an estimated $36 billion on construction, far exceeding the previous record of $32 billion set back in 2008. But the downside of increased construction work is an increase in construction accidents. During this busy period, workers and pedestrians are at greater risk of serious and even fatal injuries. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, New York City saw 17 worker fatalities in 2013 alone.
At Rubin & Licatesi, P.C., we're dedicated to helping victims of construction accidents get full compensation for their losses. Our skilled attorneys work as a team to evaluate your cause of action, investigate thoroughly and assemble the evidence to build a solid case for relief. We are often able to reach a successful settlement, but when a trial is necessary, we prosecute your case vigorously.
New York construction accidents inflict serious harm
Heavy equipment, heavy loads, narrow streets and great heights are conditions that combine to make New York City a risky place for construction. Common causes of accidents include:
- Crane collapses
- Electric shock/electrocution
- Falling objects
- Gas explosions
- Ladder and scaffold falls
- Scaffold collapses
- Wind-tossed debris
In our practice, we represent injured workers, bystanders and pedestrians. We also serve the families of fatally injured persons. Cases we manage include:
- Negligence - Injured bystanders can sue construction companies for losses due to worker or company carelessness. Injured workers can sue third parties when a dangerous condition, which the third party controlled and should have known was dangerous, causes an injury.
- Labor Law 240 - A construction worker in New York State employed on scaffolds or ladders can sue when a safety violation directly causes an injury to the worker.
- Workers' compensation - We assist injured workers who have had claims denied.
- Wrongful death - The personal representative of a deceased person's estate can sue on behalf of the estate and close relatives when an accident results in death.
When you choose Rubin & Licatesi to represent you, you get a committed team of talented and highly ethical attorneys working diligently to secure the personal injury compensation you deserve.
Contact our Brooklyn attorneys for your construction accident claim
Rubin & Licatesi, P.C. handles construction accident cases in Brooklyn, New York City, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County and throughout New York State. For more than 30 years, we have successfully tried cases. Take advantage of a free case evaluation and learn how our firm can protect your rights. Call us now at 516-227-2662 or contact our Brooklyn office online.