Anthony Joseph Licatesi Esq.
Anthony J. Licatesi is the senior litigating partner of Rubin & Licatesi, P.C., a law firm with practice concentration in personal injury as well as no-fault medical collections through arbitrations and civil litigation.
Mr. Licatesi heads an impressive litigation team with many years of experience as trial counsel to many law firms as well as numerous health care providers. The firm has had tremendous success representing persons involved in all types of serious injuries and automobile accidents. In addition, Rubin & Licatesi is a pioneer in the No-fault legal industry and the leading No-fault Arbitration/Civil Litigation firm in New York State.
Mr. Licatesi frequently lectures attorneys and health care providers regarding New York State No-fault laws and regulations. He has been a guest lecturer for New York State Chiropractic Association, Physical Therapy Provider Network, New York State Chiropractic Counsel as well as the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Licatesi understands that the underlying foundation of today's society is our youth and therefore was an integral part of a humanitarian movement within the real estate and construction industry to benefit our children. Mr. Licatesi is an original member of the Board of Directors for the Torch Foundation, a not-for-profit charitable organization within the real estate and construction industries whose single goal is to raise money for needy children's charities. To date, the Torch Foundation has raised millions of dollars for such children organizations as Tomorrow's Children's Fund, Hope with the Heart, The New York Child Learning Institute, Covenant House, Cleary School for the Deaf, The child's School and Columbian Presbyterian Medical Center. Mr. Licatesi has also been an active fund raiser for numerous charities falling outside of the scope of the Torch Foundation.
As an active member of the New York State Trial Lawyer's Associations, Mr. Licatesi has work with the Governor's office, as well as the New York State Insurance Department involving various procedures and regulations within New York State's Insurance laws. He received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Management from New York University in 1984 and graduated from Hofstra University School of Law receiving his Juris Doctor in 1987.
Mr. Licatesi is a resident of Nassau County and married with three children. He currently serves on the Hofstra University Frank G. Zarb School of Business Dean's Executive council as well as The Advisory Board of the American Arbitration Associations.
Mr. Licatesi has also been an active member of the Atlantic Beach community. He has served as President of the Atlantic Beach Estates Civic Association and is currently a Commissioner of the Greater Atlantic Beach Water Reclamation District. Additionally, he has volunteered his time as Commissioner and coach to the Cedarhurst, Hewlett and Woodmere Little Leagues. Mr. Licatesi was elected to the Lawrence School District Board of Education in 2002. Mr. Licatesi received a Citation from the County Executive Edward Mangano for his spirited leadership, dedication and support to the community. He was appointed by Governor Cuomo as the Chairman of the New York Rising Community Reconstruction Program.
Anthony J. Licatesi was elected and served one term as Trustee to the Lawrence school district board of education.
Shortly after Hurricane Sandy, Gov. Andrew Cuomo's Office of Storm Recovery (GOSR) appointed Anthony J. Licatesi Co- Chairman of the Atlantic Beach New York State Rising community reconstruction committee to help rebuild a more resilient coastal community and implement new and innovative strategies aimed to establish a stronger and better future for Atlantic Beach residents.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- No-Fault Arbitrations
- New York, 1988
- New Jersey, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1989
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1987
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Columbian Lawyers’ Association of Nassau County, Member
- American Bar Association
- Hofstra University Frank G. Zarb School of Business Dean’s Executive Council
- Advisory Board of American Arbitration Association Metropolitan Advisory Committee
- Defendant’s Round Table and Insurance Law Committee at the Nassau Bar Association
- NYSTLA Screening Committee, Member
- Finance & Budget Committee for the Lawrence School District, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors for the Torch Foundation
- President of the Atlantic Beach Estates Civic Association
- Atlantic Beach community, Member